Empty Mansions book

The Sideshow
Posted in: Film, Television & Literature

Has anyone read "Empty Mansions", the book about Hughette Clark? It's next on my list. True story about a very rich gal (her father was in the copper mining business, hence Clark County, Nevada (Vegas) carries his name) but she ended up completely isolated and alone, with no family, by the time she was like 30 years old. Anyways, she had these huge mansions on both coasts, she was rarely ever seen in public, but had HUGE doll collections in the mansions. She had a doll curator that would get her dolls from all over the world. In the end, she ended up living in a hospital, by choice, for the last twenty years of her life because she trusted a couple of the nurses and people there to take care of her. Sounds strange, what an isolated hermit she must have been. She died in 2011 and of course everyone has been grabbing since, trying to get her money and treasures. I'm mostly interested in seeing the photos of the doll and toys collections inside the mansions, but the architecture of the homes is pretty breathtaking, too. Just tossing it out there to other collectors in case it sounds interesting.

sounds interesting

ill look it up today

That weapon will replace your tongue. You will learn to speak through it. And your poetry will now be written with blood.

• 1050 posts
  • from Los Angeles
holy shit, that sounds amazing!!

• 2486 posts
  • from San Francisco

^^^ Yeah, I had heard that the will was a big hot mess. To the best of my knowledge, it's not settled yet.

Now a days there is a lot of lack for the people like Hughette Clark and mother Theressa. Hughette Clark spent more than 20 years at hospital for the benefits of the patients. The Trustmypaper.com reviews are essential for leaarning something more details.

The Sideshow
Posted in: Film, Television & Literature

Topic tools: ← Previous topicNext topic →

remember me?

Time : 0.074s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off