Most Romantic Scene in a Movie

1, 2, 3  

The Sideshow
Posted in: Film, Television & Literature

I don't know if it's the holidays or if I'm just turning into a big sap in my old age, but I'm totally in love with love. :heart:

What is your favorite romantic scene in a movie?

I have 2 right now

an oldie but a goodie
Say Anything. I cry when he shivers from pure love.

a new favorite
Away We Go. Actually, I love this entire movie, but specifically when they are sitting on the trampoline and making their promises to each other for a future full of so much love.

what do you love to love?

Away We Go, also on my list :heart:

And there is something about Meet Joe Black it's one of the few movies that makes me cry

And "no one puts baby in a corner."

I like this gooey marshmallow center you've got Stacy

• 3328 posts
  • from The Emerald City
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind...such an incredible story! :heart:

Clementine: This is it, Joel. It's going to be gone soon.
Joel: I know.
Clementine: What do we do?
Joel: Enjoy it.

^^This scene isn't crazy intense, but the words are for me

this clip chokes me up too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk9n4MdZeRI

The end of You've Got Mail. I turn into a mush puddle, which is not an easy feat.

A lot of people have torched me for saying this, but I find YGM to be FAR better than Sleepless in Seattle. That movie just frustrates me.

And Stacy, you have me worried -- you better not be losing your edge, woman. I WILL slap you. :lol:

Miskat wrote:
I want a smiley that rips off testicles and then sets them on fire.

^that's a negative ghost rider

When Harry Met Sally
"I love that you get cold when it is 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle in your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

I am a fan of You've Got Mail but more as a comedy than it having a great love scene. I do LOVE Somethings Gotta Give when Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton are fighting in the street and she explains to him that she finally understands love and heart break and she kisses him.

• 5057 posts
  • from Canada eh?
I revoke my sappy woman card, I have no favorite romantic scene. I remember liking the Notebook but to quote specific words or pick an actual scene I'm drawing a blank.

How about this "I love you" - "I know". Han Solo and Princess Leia. :lol:

brandtpeters wrote:
for the record Yerflap -- if someone is going to be hard as steel about opinions it's you -- I can count on it like I can count on a brain freeze after downing a slurpee to fast...

don't worry ladies, I will still punch a baby if needed. I am all edge, just with a gooey core sometimes. Give me a bit of time, it will harden back up.

Lol- so much better than the original script that called for him to say "I love you" back

An Affair to Remember is sooooo much better than Sleepless in Seattle.

There is nothing romantic about Sleepless in Seattle. At all. God dammit! :machinegun:

:lol: (just had to have a moment, sorry)

stacyjean wrote:
don't worry ladies, I will still punch a baby if needed. I am all edge, just with a gooey core sometimes. Give me a bit of time, it will harden back up.

:rofl:

Here's something to stick on your back windshield

Miskat wrote:
I want a smiley that rips off testicles and then sets them on fire.

The one scene that has stuck with me is in Last of the Mohicans. Where Alice Munro leaps to her death after Magua killed Uncas

i guess it's unconventionally romantic

• 3328 posts
  • from The Emerald City
yerflap wrote:
I revoke my sappy woman card, I have no favorite romantic scene. I remember liking the Notebook but to quote specific words or pick an actual scene I'm drawing a blank.

How about this "I love you" - "I know". Han Solo and Princess Leia. :lol:

the notebook had me bawlin

• 1166 posts
  • from Columbus, Ohio

He's Just Not That Into You
when Alex says to Gigi "You are my exception."

27 Dresses
when Kevin admits to Jane that he cried like a baby at the Keller wedding and they proceed to kiss.

A Lot Like Love
when Oliver rushes to Emily to make sure she's being kissed at midnight during a NYE party.

Enemy at the Gates
the love scene between Vassili and Tania.

I'm sure I can think of more but I'll stop there. :lol:

Rivet
1200 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43201
614-294-TOYS (8697)
http://www.rivetgallery.com

:bottomsup: to my fellow sap sister!

I'm not really into romantic movies all that much and most of the rom-coms I do actually like are the ones most people think or awful :lol: but my vote would definitely go the ending of A Matter of Life and Death when June offers her life for Peter's, such a wonderful film!

Also, His Girl Friday when Hilde realises it's all been a massive roundabout scam to get her back 'I thought you didn't want me'. When Norville finds Amy in the Bar on New Year's Eve in The Hudsucker Proxy, and pretty much the whole of The Apartment :yay: but especially the end :dance: I could go on (and on) but I should stop :lol:

I loved Away We Go too and totally agree about An Affair to Remember :thumbsup:

1, 2, 3  

The Sideshow
Posted in: Film, Television & Literature

Topic tools: ← Previous topicNext topic →

remember me?

Time : 0.064s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off