Favourites for 2010

The Sideshow
Posted in: Film, Television & Literature

Reply
Since it's unlikely that there will be too many new releases in the next 5 days, I thought it was a good time to start thinking about your favourite movies/tv shows/albums/computer games for 2010.

Here's my list

Movie:

1) Inception
2) Exit through the gift shop
3) Animal Kingdom

TV:

1) Boardwalk Empire
2) Sherlock
3) Misfits

The Walking Dead probably would have been in my list if the story was a bit tighter in places.

Games:

1) Red Dead Redemption
2) God of War 3
3) Fallout: New Vegas

Music:

1) The Suburbs by The Arcade Fire
2) Innerspeaker by Tame Impala.

I'm at a loss to pick a third album to be honest. did a lot more podcasting this year than music


  • User avatar
  • 2104 posts
  • from Richmond, VA
  • Mod
  • profile
Good call on this thread! Although I can't really comment on some of the categories...


Movie:
1. The King's Speech
2. Black Swan
3. True Grit


2 and 3 are ridiculously close in my head, but I like the look of the list this way. :lol:


TV:

1. Boardwalk Empire (FINALLY got around to watching it and LOVED it)
2. The Big C
3. Modern Family? I've only seen a few episodes, but that show seems to be fantastic.


Games:
1. Rock Band 3
1. Rock band 3
1. Rock Band 3

I, uh, haven't really been good about getting games for my Wii.... :rofl:

I haven't listened to any new music......


Movies:
Alice in Wonderland
Date Night
Dear John

TV:
The Walking Dead
Raising Hope
Human Target
(honorable mentions to Neighbors from Hell and Caprica)

Games:
COD: Black Ops
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
(don't play that many video games)

Music:
(how about musicians I've heard for the first time this year?)
Foals
Ratatat
Beirut
Neon Indian

"We're slaves to gizmos and toys." - George Carlin

My WTB list:
http://www.circusposterus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2229

  • User avatar
  • 1068 posts
  • from Victoria, Australia
  • profile
Albums:
MELVINS: The Bride Screamed Murder
SECRET CHIEFS 3: Satellite Supersonic Vol.1
JOHN ZORN: In Search of the Miraculous (Released: Tue23Feb)
JOHN ZORN: 'The Dreamers' Ipos: The Book Of Angels Vol. 14 (Released: Tue30Mar)
JOHN ZORN: The Goddess- Music For The Ancient Of Days (Released: Tue29Jun)
JOHN ZORN: Filmworks XXIV - The Nobel Prizewinner (Released: Tue24Aug)
JOHN ZORN: Ipsissimus (Released: Tue28Sept)
JOHN ZORN: Interzone (Released: Tue23Nov)

TV:
The Librarians
Shameless
United States of Tara


brent wrote:
Albums:
MELVINS: The Bride Screamed Murder
SECRET CHIEFS 3: Satellite Supersonic Vol.1
JOHN ZORN: In Search of the Miraculous (Released: Tue23Feb)
JOHN ZORN: 'The Dreamers' Ipos: The Book Of Angels Vol. 14 (Released: Tue30Mar)
JOHN ZORN: The Goddess- Music For The Ancient Of Days (Released: Tue29Jun)
JOHN ZORN: Filmworks XXIV - The Nobel Prizewinner (Released: Tue24Aug)
JOHN ZORN: Ipsissimus (Released: Tue28Sept)
JOHN ZORN: Interzone (Released: Tue23Nov)

TV:
The Librarians
Shameless
United States of Tara



So, this John Zorn, is he any good?

:P


  • User avatar
  • 1166 posts
  • from Columbus, Ohio
  • profile
Discombobulate wrote:
So, this John Zorn, is he any good?

:P


:lol:

Image

Rivet
1200 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43201
614-294-TOYS (8697)
http://www.rivetgallery.com

  • User avatar
  • 1068 posts
  • from Victoria, Australia
  • profile
Discombobulate wrote:
brent wrote:
Albums:
MELVINS: The Bride Screamed Murder
SECRET CHIEFS 3: Satellite Supersonic Vol.1
JOHN ZORN: In Search of the Miraculous (Released: Tue23Feb)
JOHN ZORN: 'The Dreamers' Ipos: The Book Of Angels Vol. 14 (Released: Tue30Mar)
JOHN ZORN: The Goddess- Music For The Ancient Of Days (Released: Tue29Jun)
JOHN ZORN: Filmworks XXIV - The Nobel Prizewinner (Released: Tue24Aug)
JOHN ZORN: Ipsissimus (Released: Tue28Sept)
JOHN ZORN: Interzone (Released: Tue23Nov)

TV:
The Librarians
Shameless
United States of Tara



So, this John Zorn, is he any good?

:P


well, as with any music/art, that's a matter of opinion.
most people would say no though i'm sure... :lol:


I just ha a look at his discography. That's an amazing release schedule - surely there has to be some good stuff in there somewhere :)


  • User avatar
  • 1068 posts
  • from Victoria, Australia
  • profile
Discombobulate wrote:
I just ha a look at his discography. That's an amazing release schedule - surely there has to be some good stuff in there somewhere :)


he certainly has an enormous catologue, but still, most people would hear five secs of one track from one of his albums and say all his stuff's crap.

i don't love every single thing he's done myself, but he's been responsible for some of the most amazing shit i've ever heard throughout the past 10yrs or so, such as those listed.

(ipsissimus and interzone are both pure musical insanity, but the other four are actually soothing with three being piano/bass/drums based ensembles and ipos being by zorn's 'accessible' ensemble, the dreamers.)



The Sideshow
Posted in: Film, Television & Literature

Reply

Topic tools: ← Previous topicNext topic →


remember me?

Time : 0.060s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off