I know them from somewhere

The Sideshow
Posted in: Film, Television & Literature

So it will drive me nuts to see someone in a movie or show and not be able to immediately place them. It'll keep turning in the back of my brain till suddenly I'll be in the middle of something and I just yell out the answer.

Don Draper's new wife on Mad Men has been bugging the hell out of me till I finally figured it out, she was the naked bathtub girl in Hot Tub Time Machine. It was her voice, not her face that finally clicked, cause in her scene I didn't even remember her face LOL

"No seriously my name is Tara."

this one I instantly spotted because she hadn't changed, Gabby Hoffman all grown up in Louie premier episode.
she looks exactly the same as she did in Uncle Buck and Sleepless in Seattle.

• 2486 posts
  • from San Francisco
dinkycow wrote:

this one I instantly spotted because she hadn't changed, Gabby Hoffman all grown up in Louie premier episode.

Funny I watched Uncle Buck last night and I always IMDB the movies to see other movies they were in.

• 998 posts
  • from Southern California
DrilOne wrote:
dinkycow wrote:

Funny I watched Uncle Buck last night and I always IMDB the movies to see other movies they were in.

Love Uncle Buck.

Instagram: BoboPfitz

BoboBeware wrote:
DrilOne wrote:
dinkycow wrote:

Love Uncle Buck.

"... I've been leaving the toilet seats up. Oh is that what that blue water is, it's not good for him? Well that explains the discoloration on the grass."
Classic!

Uncle Buck is one of those movies I watch anytime it's on tv. Oh, and the big sister took me a bit to realize she's Kim in Yes, Dear.

• 2104 posts
  • from Richmond, VA
  • Mod
I am the master of recognizing people like this. I saw a guy a few months ago on an episode of Criminal Minds who was about 40 and bearded, and I knew he played a young teenager on Are You Afraid of the Dark? in the 90s. :lol:

The worst for me is when someone reminds me of someone else, and I blank on the other person's name. I can't handle not being able to look anything up in any way.

I also freak out when I can't place someone and have to google it. I always seem to remember as the page is loading. Hahahaha.

• 2104 posts
  • from Richmond, VA
  • Mod
And Uncle Buck is the best. It's quoted almost daily in my house. "People hate this hat. It angers a lot of people."

EASheartsVinyl wrote:
I am the master of recognizing people like this. I saw a guy a few months ago on an episode of Criminal Minds who was about 40 and bearded, and I knew he played a young teenager on Are You Afraid of the Dark? in the 90s. :lol:

The worst for me is when someone reminds me of someone else, and I blank on the other person's name. I can't handle not being able to look anything up in any way.

I also freak out when I can't place someone and have to google it. I always seem to remember as the page is loading. Hahahaha.

I'm generally really good, and annoy people since I suddenly blurt out a fact about where someone is from when no one cares but there will be the ones like the Mad Men girl that will drive me insane till I figure it out.

Another one that took me the entire movie was aaaaas yooooooou wiiiiiiiiish in Elle Enchanted, but I think that was mostly my brain rejecting he no longer looked the same :lol:

• 2104 posts
  • from Richmond, VA
  • Mod
I think I must have blocked him out of my memory in that. I hated that movie so much. :lol:

I'm also definitely the annoying one. I'll just sit there grumbling to myself while everyone else is trying to watch. Hahahaha.

I HATE it when the person I recognized is so unimportant that they aren't even credited, or when it's in a commercial. Then I really have to push myself. Speaking of Uncle Buck, that happened a few times with the guy who played Bug. He was in one a few years ago where he pushed his kid on a swing or something.

The Sideshow
Posted in: Film, Television & Literature

Topic tools: ← Previous topicNext topic →

remember me?

Time : 0.089s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off