Interior Therapy

The Sideshow
Posted in: Film, Television & Literature

Hey folks. I'm sitting here watching the episode of Interior Therapy from yesterday, "Goth No More". I was just wondering if anyone else saw it. The wife in the episode had tons of toys, art, and other knick knacks around their house. I think I saw some Louie Travis, Mark Ryden, and other folks' works. I do kinda agree with Jeff about some of the stuff being a bit much. Hopefully this thread isn't a duplicate. I figured I'd find someone talking about this one around here.

• 2486 posts
  • from San Francisco

Wasn't even aware of that show-- I'll have to check it out

• 1204 posts
  • from Huntsville, Alabama
It' a pretty good show, though Jeff doesn't seem to freak out on this one as much as he does on his other show.

• 322 posts
  • from Newmarket, UK
I was able to buy the episode for $1.99 on Amazon and watch it in the UK - I'm a bit limited on American TV shows right now but I was intrigued - love Jeff Lewis (and Jenny!) and pretty much all the good garbage Bravo TV shows - I'm missing them so much right now.

It was a good watch - she had a ton of Mark Ryden (prints, I'm assuming) and Tara McPherson and some Liz McGrath pieces that were FABULOUS but holy cow did Jeff Lewis loathe them! Really out of his element - I did adore how the final product turned out - love how the loft of the house became a showcase for a lot of the work.

• 1718 posts
  • from A Brit in Seattle
Valency wrote:
I'm a bit limited on American TV shows right now but I was intrigued - love Jeff Lewis (and Jenny!) and pretty much all the good garbage Bravo TV shows - I'm missing them so much right now.

You should try Tunnelbear. It's inexpensive, simple to use and you can pretend to be in a variety of different countries, and watch whatever streams to those countries through the channel's sites, hulu etc. (if you have a netflix account, you can also use your standard credentials to access the different offerings from the localized versions).

It's essential for me to keep up with Pointless on the BBC iPlayer.. :-D

Well we've been a good few hours drinking
So I'm going to say what everyone's thinking
If we're stuck on this ship and it's sinking
Then we might as well have a parade

I think Jeff has gotten a better regime of therapy and meds as the years have gone on. He's definitely more tame in this show vs. some in the past. He's still hilarious though. I find myself wondering how the ex boyfriend's daughter turned out, the one that he used to make say "I drink chardonnay" all the time.

Even though a lot of the pieces are beautiful being a hoarder and having a tomb of dust and crap degrades the pieces.

merrybee wrote:
It' a pretty good show, though Jeff doesn't seem to freak out on this one as much as he does on his other show.

I purposely avoided this episode, because I thought it would make me angry. Some of the captions under those pictures on the website are a little demeaning. However, seeing the final result, I think I'll give it a shot. Might get some good ideas for displaying my stuff.

Hope's Mother wrote:
I'm glad you found stuff that you love, but I guess this stuff doesn't appeal to me. I don't get it, but I appreciate that you have your own unique taste.

The treatments he used for displaying the works were cool. I just took a look at the photos on the site and the captions seem like the other episodes. They're usually just pointing out what they are going to play up as the person's most annoying qualities. I say do whatever makes you happy but compromise is key if you live with someone. Of course I take most shows like this with a grain of salt because you can't stuff people's lives into an hour.

hope, did you get a chance to watch it?

hopeewon wrote:
I purposely avoided this episode, because I thought it would make me angry. Some of the captions under those pictures on the website are a little demeaning. However, seeing the final result, I think I'll give it a shot. Might get some good ideas for displaying my stuff.

The Sideshow
Posted in: Film, Television & Literature

Topic tools: ← Previous topicNext topic →

remember me?

Time : 0.078s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off