Podcasts...?

The Sideshow
Posted in: Music

• 780 posts
  • from God's waiting room
  • Mod
OK, i know technically it isn't "music" but I figured I'd post it in this thread anyway.

Sometimes I like to turn off the TV and my music while I'm working and zone out while listening to video and audio podcasts.

I was wondering what sort of podcasts you guys out there listen to, if any...? Got any good recommends...? Any subject matter is open.

Post them here. Thanks!

I'm pretty new to podcasts, and tend to go with creative-types that I already like.

I have

Ricky Gervais
Stephen Fry
Kevin Smith & Scott Mosier's Smodcast (which can get pretty smutty most/all of the time)
Flight of the Conchords (which is more clips from the show, but still good)

• 780 posts
  • from God's waiting room
  • Mod
I've heard about the Smodcast, just have't gotten around to giving it a whirl yet.

• 5057 posts
  • from Canada eh?
Discombobulate wrote:
Kevin Smith & Scott Mosier's Smodcast (which can get pretty smutty most/all of the time)

I keep meaning to check this one out. I love me some smutty talk.

brandtpeters wrote:
for the record Yerflap -- if someone is going to be hard as steel about opinions it's you -- I can count on it like I can count on a brain freeze after downing a slurpee to fast...

yerflap wrote:
Discombobulate wrote:

I keep meaning to check this one out. I love me some smutty talk.

Just a bit late to the game and downloaded today :popcorn:

Have been listening to
Josh and Ross and Road Dog lately.

• 490 posts
  • from Little Elm, Texas
Big +1 to Kevin Smith and Smodco. Hollywood Babble-On (with Kev and Ralph Garman) is hilarious.

http://www.smodcast.com/SIR/

If Babble-On is not your thing, there are about 40 other podcasts on the site. Lots of good stuff. I also like Jim Butcher's Butcher Block podcast. He hasn't recorded a new one in a couple of years, but there's plenty of archive material, if you're into his books.

http://butcherblock.libsyn.com/

"How old would be you if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

• 96 posts
  • from El Monte, CA
Im on Jay and Silent Bob Get Old. Im listening to the old ones up to the new. Its my new morning thing

WTB Wilkowski pieces (Especially Budcats)

Collect and Destroy: ROACHSHACK138
Instagram: ROACHSHACK138
Kidrobot: ROACHSHACK138

I tend to listen to podcasts more than music on the way to/from work now.

perhaps podcasts are the talk radio equivalent to my generation.

so on a regular basis I listen to:

Walking the Room - very funny podcast by two comedians, Greg Behrent and Dave Anthony. Mostly about how their lives are failing.

TOFOP - an aussie podcast that has since gone on hiatus. Australian comedian Wil Anderson and his mate Charlie Clausen, talking about time travel, batman and a whole pile of nonsense

The Mental Illness Happy Hour: this can get a bit depressing at times, but it's usually fascinating. people (some listeners, some friends of the host, and some minor celebs) talk pretty openly about their mental health issues/childhood etc

Savage Love: the podcast version of Dan Savage's sex and relationship advice column

WTF by Marc Marron. Essentially an interview show, so how great it is depends on the guest. His intervew with Coop recently was great

Nerdist with Chris Hardwick - another interview show - but he gets some great pop culture figures to come onboard. The interview with voice actors Maurice Lemarche and Rob Paulsen is fantastic (they are probably best know for Pinky and the Brain)

I listen to podcasts CNN channel.

The Sideshow
Posted in: Music

Topic tools: ← Previous topicNext topic →

remember me?

Time : 0.089s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off