2011 New Year's Resolutions

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

The Sideshow
Posted in: Off Topic

sawdustbear wrote:
Quote:
When our husbands leave us we can start a home for homeless toy collectors.

lol! One of my pre-marriage "requirements" was/is to move my studio OUT of the house so there isn't a giant pile of clutter in the middle of it. I get more alone time, and he gets a cleaner house.

Yeah, good luck with that-- it's hard to predict where inspiration will strike you-- I don't think there is a single room in our house that is free from some project one of us started doing, and then if we do end up in the "proper studio" we don't see the other one for days.
Just surrender to the fact that if you want to be successful, you will be messy...although the alone time is probably a good idea...

• 1717 posts
  • from A Brit in Seattle
Well I am so far succeeding in my part of my 2011 carried to 2012 resolution.

Today I mailed my naturalization application! (the first step to becoming an American citizen..)

:mrgreen:

Well we've been a good few hours drinking
So I'm going to say what everyone's thinking
If we're stuck on this ship and it's sinking
Then we might as well have a parade

• 3069 posts
  • from Portland, OR
Congrats Wil! Best of luck on a smooth process.

• 3269 posts
  • from Chandler, AZ
theboywil wrote:

Today I mailed my naturalization application! (the first step to becoming an American citizen..)

Awesome! Congrats!!! :D

• 1043 posts
  • from Los Angeles
Miskat wrote:
sawdustbear wrote:
Quote:
When our husbands leave us we can start a home for homeless toy collectors.

lol! One of my pre-marriage "requirements" was/is to move my studio OUT of the house so there isn't a giant pile of clutter in the middle of it. I get more alone time, and he gets a cleaner house.

Yeah, good luck with that-- it's hard to predict where inspiration will strike you-- I don't think there is a single room in our house that is free from some project one of us started doing, and then if we do end up in the "proper studio" we don't see the other one for days.
Just surrender to the fact that if you want to be successful, you will be messy...although the alone time is probably a good idea...

Oh yeah, realistically, the house is not going to be suddenly clean OR project free! But at least I can move out the art supplies and storage out.

I've been really loving the alone time in a cat-free and man-free space, though.

I've already failed a couple resolutions.

• 1043 posts
  • from Los Angeles
theboywil wrote:

Congrats!!! I became a citizen last year(the entire process took only about a year, but I'd had a green card for almost 10 years). Let me know if they play the hokiest video at the naturalization ceremony. :)

theboywil wrote:

Woohoo! One of us. One of us. One of us.

Hope's Mother wrote:
I'm glad you found stuff that you love, but I guess this stuff doesn't appeal to me. I don't get it, but I appreciate that you have your own unique taste.

• 2576 posts
  • from Flagstaff, AZ - no it's not like Phoenix
Congrats!

Toy Collection and other crap on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/thotfulspot/

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

The Sideshow
Posted in: Off Topic

Topic tools: ← Previous topicNext topic →

remember me?

Time : 0.382s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off