What did you learn today...

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  

The Sideshow
Posted in: Off Topic

Telling an automated operator to "suck it and give me a real operator," will only result in it responding, "I'm sorry I didn't understand your request. Can you say it again?"

And pumpkin pieces get good distance if one shoots out from cutting board while cutting.

• 1718 posts
  • from A Brit in Seattle
dinkycow wrote:
Telling an automated operator to "suck it and give me a real operator," will only result in it responding, "I'm sorry I didn't understand your request. Can you say it again?"

I feel your pain, but multiply that by having to deal with them using an accent different to one they're programmed to expect... (There have been a few which I have been forced to talk to using my really bad attempt at a Texas accent)

Well we've been a good few hours drinking
So I'm going to say what everyone's thinking
If we're stuck on this ship and it's sinking
Then we might as well have a parade

• 1166 posts
  • from Columbus, Ohio
I learned I will have a new intern tomorrow, yay.

Rivet
1200 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43201
614-294-TOYS (8697)
http://www.rivetgallery.com

• 5057 posts
  • from Canada eh?
70% chocolate isn't all that bad.

brandtpeters wrote:
for the record Yerflap -- if someone is going to be hard as steel about opinions it's you -- I can count on it like I can count on a brain freeze after downing a slurpee to fast...

• 3269 posts
  • from Chandler, AZ
yerflap wrote:
70% chocolate isn't all that bad.

I'd have to agree with that. :thumbsup: :D

On a side note, today I learned that 5 vaccinations at one time won't make my 1 year old completely bonkers.... He actually tolerated it MUCH better than I expected.

• 432 posts
  • from the party bowl
theboywil wrote:
dinkycow wrote:

I feel your pain, but multiply that by having to deal with them using an accent different to one they're programmed to expect... (There have been a few which I have been forced to talk to using my really bad attempt at a Texas accent)

that's why instead of having only one other option (1 for spanish) there should be more:
2 boston
3 brooklyn
4 cajun
5 redneck
6 jive

• 1718 posts
  • from A Brit in Seattle
LonerStoner wrote:
theboywil wrote:
dinkycow wrote:

that's why instead of having only one other option (1 for spanish) there should be more:
2 boston
3 brooklyn
4 cajun
5 redneck
6 jive

You missed the options for 'proper' Queens English and Yam Yam :mrgreen:

Well we've been a good few hours drinking
So I'm going to say what everyone's thinking
If we're stuck on this ship and it's sinking
Then we might as well have a parade

• 780 posts
  • from God's waiting room
  • Mod
i learned that my squeegee might not be long enough....

:brickwall:

robschwager wrote:
i learned that my squeegee might not be long enough....

:brickwall:

You know a lot of guys seem to have that problem... the key is to make up for it in other ways. :frog:

Oh, how I do love a good taco...

• 3269 posts
  • from Chandler, AZ
^^^^^^^ :rofl: ^^^^^

So wrong. Yet so right. ;)

• 490 posts
  • from Grayson, GA
How stupid I am that I keep coming back to this job when every day is worse then the one before it.

:killme:

:suicide:

WTB: CMR Unripe Print....PLEASE HELP! :)

• 3075 posts
  • from Portland, OR
gregm wrote:
How stupid I am that I keep coming back to this job when every day is worse then the one before it.

:killme:

:suicide:

I feel for you Greg. Working at a job you hate is bad for your health and well-being.

• 490 posts
  • from Grayson, GA
Thanks Rich!

I have to get more serious about trying to find something else. If only I wasn't completely wrecked when I leave this place that might be a bit easier to manage.

WTB: CMR Unripe Print....PLEASE HELP! :)

• 3269 posts
  • from Chandler, AZ
gregm wrote:
Thanks Rich!

I have to get more serious about trying to find something else. If only I wasn't completely wrecked when I leave this place that might be a bit easier to manage.

Been there. :( Best of luck to you... that's one of the worst situations a person can ever be in. Hopefully you will be able to find another job soon....

Hand sanitizer doesn't stain fabric. And thankfully so, considering I accidentally squirted a hell of a snail trail down my leg this morning.

Miskat wrote:
I want a smiley that rips off testicles and then sets them on fire.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  

The Sideshow
Posted in: Off Topic

Topic tools: ← Previous topicNext topic →

remember me?

Time : 0.074s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off