Secret Santa 2011

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  

The Sideshow
Posted in: Off Topic

Reply
  • User avatar
  • 3303 posts
  • from The Emerald City
  • profile
It's Secret Santa Time! I haven't done one of these in years, so i thought it would be something fun to do here :]

thx!

Details:
*Shipping Deadline ~ December 15th
*Budget of $15-$30
*List is closed



Final list: names in bold have posted that they received their gift

1. Moloko Plus
2. I love Plastic
3. No!ra79
4. yerflap
5. dinkycow
6. ZeroMistro
7. 1v1artin
8. vramirez
9. Chris.O.saur
10. Thotfulspot
11. hopeewon
12. stacyjean
13. ejholmes30
14. pandabandit12
15. freshfruit13
16. Drftdrgn21
17. Floyd44
18. melting
19. Marleybone
20. Leroidecoeur
21. DrilOne
22. Alboevel
23. Boompooper
24. Sencion88
25. analog101
26. SecurityGeek
27. greenhorn1
28. BoBoBeware


  • User avatar
  • 3057 posts
  • from van down by the river
  • profile
I am a great follower. Just tell me what to do. But another great idea. I am in. Sounds like alot of fun. I guess a sign up list is best and then I guess the "list master" would let us know who we got. My only concern may be those of us outside of North America.

Miskat wrote:
I have a "list" and now they're on it

brandtpeters wrote:
I think this whole thing happened just to hear i love plastic say... You FAIL wooden Jesus.

Miskat wrote:
damn, why are you such an asshat, Matthew


http://www.flickr.com/photos/buckley78/

  • User avatar
1. Moloko Plus, I'm down it sounds fun!!


  • User avatar
  • 5057 posts
  • from Canada eh?
  • profile
i love plastic wrote:
My only concern may be those of us outside of North America.

That does suck and I always feel bad for those who have gotten me in past swaps and I've paid high postage to others but I don't mind. You can include postage as part of the gift giving amount if need be.

Also we should establish a minimum amount and a maximum amount to pay...$20 min max $40? I'm just throwing a number out there - suggestions?

brandtpeters wrote:
for the record Yerflap -- if someone is going to be hard as steel about opinions it's you -- I can count on it like I can count on a brain freeze after downing a slurpee to fast...

  • User avatar
  • 5057 posts
  • from Canada eh?
  • profile
Also maybe a cut off point so the list doesn't get insanely long...perhaps? Although not sure what that number would be...

brandtpeters wrote:
for the record Yerflap -- if someone is going to be hard as steel about opinions it's you -- I can count on it like I can count on a brain freeze after downing a slurpee to fast...

  • User avatar
  • 5057 posts
  • from Canada eh?
  • profile
Aaaaand remember people who want to sign up, you gotta follow through or it's not fair to the person you have to get nothing.

Also need a delivery deadline date so people aren't getting these in March :lol:

brandtpeters wrote:
for the record Yerflap -- if someone is going to be hard as steel about opinions it's you -- I can count on it like I can count on a brain freeze after downing a slurpee to fast...

  • User avatar
  • 3269 posts
  • from Chandler, AZ
  • profile
Agreed with all of Lisa's comments... And please add me to the list once everything's all figured out. Thanks! :D


  • User avatar
  • 3303 posts
  • from The Emerald City
  • profile
yerflap wrote:
i love plastic wrote:
My only concern may be those of us outside of North America.

That does suck and I always feel bad for those who have gotten me in past swaps and I've paid high postage to others but I don't mind. You can include postage as part of the gift giving amount if need be.

Also we should establish a minimum amount and a maximum amount to pay...$20 min max $40? I'm just throwing a number out there - suggestions?

ooh i like having a price range, i'm thinking more like $15-$30...i know this time of year is hard enough on the wallet. that would leave a little extra wiggle room for shipping costs?

yerflap wrote:
Also maybe a cut off point so the list doesn't get insanely long...perhaps? Although not sure what that number would be...

ok yea, let's say 60 or so? that would b 30 pairs...but if the list gets crazy we can just call it?


  • User avatar
  • 5057 posts
  • from Canada eh?
  • profile
pandabandit12 wrote:
yerflap wrote:
i love plastic wrote:
My only concern may be those of us outside of North America.

That does suck and I always feel bad for those who have gotten me in past swaps and I've paid high postage to others but I don't mind. You can include postage as part of the gift giving amount if need be.

Also we should establish a minimum amount and a maximum amount to pay...$20 min max $40? I'm just throwing a number out there - suggestions?

ooh i like having a price range, i'm thinking more like $15-$30...i know this time of year is hard enough on the wallet. that would leave a little extra wiggle room for shipping costs?

yerflap wrote:
Also maybe a cut off point so the list doesn't get insanely long...perhaps? Although not sure what that number would be...

ok yea, let's say 60 or so? that would b 30 pairs...but if the list gets crazy we can just call it?

Sounds good on both accounts to me. And good call on the amount the extra wiggle room, like you said, can help combat those who have to send internationally.

brandtpeters wrote:
for the record Yerflap -- if someone is going to be hard as steel about opinions it's you -- I can count on it like I can count on a brain freeze after downing a slurpee to fast...

  • User avatar
  • 3269 posts
  • from Chandler, AZ
  • profile
yerflap wrote:
Sounds good on both accounts to me. And good call on the amount the extra wiggle room, like you said, can help combat those who have to send internationally.


The price range sounds good to me! :) :thumbsup:


  • User avatar
  • 3303 posts
  • from The Emerald City
  • profile
1. Moloko Plus
2. I love Plastic
3. No!ra79
4. yerflap


  • User avatar
1.. Moloko Plus
2. I love Plastic
3. No!ra79
4. Yerflap
5. cow


Such a nice idea! But anything that doesn't fit through the mailbox would cost me $25 to ship outside Europe :clowny: . So I'm not sure if I can participate but I love the idea =3.


  • User avatar
  • 3303 posts
  • from The Emerald City
  • profile
LadyMadeline wrote:
Such a nice idea! But anything that doesn't fit through the mailbox would cost me $25 to ship outside Europe :clowny: . So I'm not sure if I can participate but I love the idea =3.


:shock: holy crap, never realized...that's super lame


  • User avatar
  • 3303 posts
  • from The Emerald City
  • profile
so i'm thinking the list will close on Dec.8 or when reaches 60 names so i can get everyone paired up and give at least a week to shop and ship, sound good?



1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  

The Sideshow
Posted in: Off Topic

Reply

Topic tools: ← Previous topicNext topic →


remember me?

Time : 0.506s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off