Pinterest

The Sideshow
Posted in: Off Topic

Reply
  • User avatar
  • 5057 posts
  • from Canada eh?
  • profile
I swear I saw discussion on Pinterest before but I can't seem to find it so a new thread it is. I just got accepted and I need to get authorization through either Facebook or Twitter. Since FB wont happen Twitter it is, so I click on the link and I am taken to this page...

This application will be able to:
Read Tweets from your timeline.
See who you follow, and follow new people.
Update your profile.
Post Tweets for you.

Ummm, whaaaat? Post tweets for me? Like they will suddenly tweet that I like looking at pictures of kittens? Update my profile to crazy cat lady? Follow new people who also like looking at kittens? What's the deal? Anyone use Pinterest that can shed some light on this? I'm not a fan of these stipulations.

brandtpeters wrote:
for the record Yerflap -- if someone is going to be hard as steel about opinions it's you -- I can count on it like I can count on a brain freeze after downing a slurpee to fast...

  • User avatar
You can probably go in after you sign up and change the automated functions so it doesn't tweet stuff for you - I'd be surprised if you couldn't, most apps let you.

I hate crap like that, which is why I keep all my applications to a minimum. I don't really need people to know what I'm doing every second of the day.


  • 1194 posts
  • from Huntsville, Alabama
  • profile
You can change those settings. I have mine post through Facebook, but a lot of it is stuff I would have shared on FB anyway.


  • User avatar
Amanda_Louise wrote:
You can probably go in after you sign up and change the automated functions so it doesn't tweet stuff for you - I'd be surprised if you couldn't, most apps let you.

I hate crap like that, which is why I keep all my applications to a minimum. I don't really need people to know what I'm doing every second of the day.



*turns off camera pointed at you so I know what you're doing every second of every day* *kicks rock*

Image

  • User avatar
Oh, if you spied on me, you be REALLLLL disappointed, ha ha. I'm super boring!


  • User avatar
  • 5057 posts
  • from Canada eh?
  • profile
merrybee wrote:
You can change those settings. I have mine post through Facebook, but a lot of it is stuff I would have shared on FB anyway.

Okay good I can turn off the settings. I might join after all.

Amanda_Louise wrote:
I hate crap like that, which is why I keep all my applications to a minimum. I don't really need people to know what I'm doing every second of the day.

I totally agree. I mean I just joined Twitter the other day, I've been fighting all this social media stuff for so long and now that I've joined it feels I'm being tracked. *go away random person following me, don't think I don't see your cumshotpics website address*

brandtpeters wrote:
for the record Yerflap -- if someone is going to be hard as steel about opinions it's you -- I can count on it like I can count on a brain freeze after downing a slurpee to fast...


The Sideshow
Posted in: Off Topic

Reply

Topic tools: ← Previous topicNext topic →

cron
remember me?

Time : 0.745s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off