Kickstarter

The Sideshow
Posted in: Off Topic

• 780 posts
  • from God's waiting room
  • Mod
I still think a kickstarter to get Brandt's Inkslinger figure made, would be awesome....

• 372 posts
  • from Gilbert, AZ
robschwager wrote:
I still think a kickstarter to get Brandt's Inkslinger figure made, would be awesome....

Totally agree

• 160 posts
  • from San Diego, CA
robschwager wrote:

I agree with this as well...I am dying to this come to life...

I've been part of three toy Kickstarter projects and probably a dozen others. It seems to work very well for toys.

The keys are to spend time making your presentation entertaining, and have many levels for people to participate. People will donate at even $5.00 and $10.00 if they get stickers or other swag. Another good approach is to offer small numbers of the product at lower prices. For example have 10 at $30, 10 at $40 to get early supporters.

The last thing is being as transparent as possible. The more updates you can do, the better.

If someone wants to do this for a toy I can give some good examples.

Ron

Toy Collection and other crap on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/thotfulspot/

robschwager wrote:

Agreed.

Yay! I'm so glad Ovok was funded! Emma is a really great person and her work is so cute! :)

I love Kickstarter. I could spend hours looking up amazing projects and watching their inspirational videos.

Ron is right on the money. Having a gripping presentation, lots of reward choices, and being transparent about your progress is key. I think it's a great avenue for artists!

• 953 posts
  • from Southern California
For a Chet Zar Doc.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/207 ... t-monsters

Instagram: BoboPfitz

The Sideshow
Posted in: Off Topic

Topic tools: ← Previous topicNext topic →

remember me?

Time : 0.320s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off