Things to do in Albuquerque

1, 2, 3, 4, 5  

The Sideshow
Posted in: Ask the Circus

• 2763 posts
  • from Boston Suburps....burp.
Miskat wrote:
Rust This World wrote:
...Or if you're a Urologist. For some reason, there are always job postings for urologists, I guess no one wants to do that in the high desert.

I think it is more about the large number of older men who forget to drink enough water in the dry climate.

Btw, one more great great restaurant her in ABQ is Cosmos-- right down the street from us; they serve up a large menu of amazing tapas!

Home of the backdoor churro?

• 24 posts
  • from Santa Fe, NM
Floyd44 wrote:

Do I even want to know what that is?

• 2763 posts
  • from Boston Suburps....burp.
Rust This World wrote:
Floyd44 wrote:

Do I even want to know what that is?

Probably not...

Floyd44 wrote:
Miskat wrote:
Rust This World wrote:
...Or if you're a Urologist. For some reason, there are always job postings for urologists, I guess no one wants to do that in the high desert.

I think it is more about the large number of older men who forget to drink enough water in the dry climate.

Btw, one more great great restaurant her in ABQ is Cosmos-- right down the street from us; they serve up a large menu of amazing tapas!

They only look like that when you take Brandt with you...

So for anyone who has a couple of extra days in NM or is driving through to Texas, I highly recommend going to Carlsbad Caverns-- absolutely stunning! We took Jimmy and Amanda there and it was really incredible-- you definitely need a few hours to explore though. Stopped at Roswell which isn't worth mentioning, but Carlsbad was definitely worth the 5 hour drive...

at least 30 years since i went to Carlsbad caverns and i still remember it well. I've been to several "caverns" since and nothing compares.

Those caverns look amazing! This thread is definitely a good one to bookmark for future reference if I'm ever able to get out for a show. For some reason everyone is doing something during March-April this year, my travel's already been booked up.

• 363 posts
  • from Bay Area, California
Miskat wrote:
So for anyone who has a couple of extra days in NM or is driving through to Texas, I highly recommend going to Carlsbad Caverns-- absolutely stunning! We took Jimmy and Amanda there and it was really incredible-- you definitely need a few hours to explore though. Stopped at Roswell which isn't worth mentioning, but Carlsbad was definitely worth the 5 hour drive...

that's a must the next time we're in town. wish we had more time to hangout in NM last weekend!

• 389 posts
  • from California
That's so cool! I haven't been there yet, but I bet it's a breathtaking experience in person. I will have to make sure I go there if I'm ever near there.

• 24 posts
  • from Santa Fe, NM
Carlsbad Caverns is mindblowing. Make sure you go early enough to hike in through the entrance of the cave, if you go too late in the day, you have to take the elevator, which kind of takes away from it.

• 389 posts
  • from California
Rust This World wrote:
Carlsbad Caverns is mindblowing. Make sure you go early enough to hike in through the entrance of the cave, if you go too late in the day, you have to take the elevator, which kind of takes away from it.

Thanks for the advice. I will certainly do that if I'm there.

• 1050 posts
  • from Los Angeles
Hey everyone - we're going to be compiling a "Visit Albuquerque" blog post that will incorporate lots of your suggestions and ideas for this thread, so if you have recommendations, or nice things to say about things in ABQ, please say so! (If you would like credit beyond your forum username, please PM me with what you'd like me to use.)

We'd love to share the wonderfulness of Albuquerque with other people like us that love food and toys and other nerdy things, and we want people to visit Stranger Factory, because it is worth it and a fantastic destination gallery/store.

Hey all. If anyone is booking to stay at the Hotel Parq Central, use the mobile site Kathie provided (or just go on your phone), because their cheapest rate is the "Book on your mobile device" rate.

http://m.hotelparqcentral.com/

Hope's Mother wrote:
I'm glad you found stuff that you love, but I guess this stuff doesn't appeal to me. I don't get it, but I appreciate that you have your own unique taste.

Austin and I are staying at a place I have never heard of before. Maybe someone can shed some light on it for me? It was described as 'quintessential' Querque and that it captures the 'essence' of New Mexico. I believe it is called The Travelodge? I sure am excited for the promise of refined luxury at affordable rates.

WTB any Skelve

• 332 posts
  • from Inland Empire, CA
wouldhurtafly wrote:
Austin and I are staying at a place I have never heard of before. Maybe someone can shed some light on it for me? It was described as 'quintessential' Querque and that it captures the 'essence' of New Mexico. I believe it is called The Travelodge? I sure am excited for the promise of refined luxury at affordable rates.

seems pretty accurate to me :-)
http://www.yelp.com/biz/travelodge-albuquerque

1, 2, 3, 4, 5  

The Sideshow
Posted in: Ask the Circus

Topic tools: ← Previous topicNext topic →

remember me?

Time : 0.148s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off